Frequently Asked Questions

Below you will find information about all our accounts; checking, saving, E-Statements, Bill Pay and Roth and traditional IRAs.

Frequently Asked Questions

Below you will find information about all our accounts; checking, saving, E-Statements, Bill Pay and Roth and traditional IRAs.

Online Banking

I am locked out of online banking, what do I need to do?
Please feel free to contact us by phone and we can reset your session.
How do I sign up for E-Statements?

Log into your Online Banking, select the “E-STATEMENTS” tab, select E-STATEMENTS OPT-IN.  The disclosure will display, click “Accept eStatements”, complete verification steps and click “Confirm”.  E-Statement choice will become effective after log-out and log back in.

How do you select an e-statement for viewing?
Log into your Online Banking, select the “E-STATEMENTS” tab, select “E-STATEMENTS”, select a date, click view statement.
How long are e-statements available?
Once created, statements can be accessed by utilizing your unique login and will be available for five years. Note: Available statements for viewing will not include statements prior to e-Statement sign-up.
How do I sign up for bill pay?

Bill Pay is accessible through Online Banking. No Enrollment is necessary;  In the upper right-hand corner of our webpage, click on “Online Banking Log In”, click on the green continue botton and enter in your login credentials. If you are not currently enrolled in Online Banking, follow the same steps as previously stated, accept the disclusure, choose “New User? Register Here” and follow the prompts. Once signed into Online Banking, click on the “Pay Bills & Others” tab and follow the prompts.

NOTE:  Electronic mail is not secure and confidential or personal information should not be communicated in this manner.

Can I use bill pay to make a payment to anyone?

Yes, you can pay anyone including your cable company, your doctor, or your uncle.

Can I use bill pay to pay bills with my credit card?

No. Currently, payments are not issued from a credit card. Scheduled payment amounts are withdrawn from your checking account (funding account). Funds will be withdrawn from your checking account on the SEND ON date that you select.

Can I cancel a bill pay payment?

Yes. Just click the “Cancel” link in the “Pending Payments” section on the “Scheduled Payments” page.

Who has access to my bill pay and funding account?

You are the only person who can authorize payments to be issued against your account. We only access your account information with your authorization.

Can I use bill pay to pay a person or business if I don’t have an account number?

Yes, you don’t need an account number to make a payment, just a current mailing address.

Who authorizes payments on bill pay?

Only you can authorize payments. You have complete control over whom you are issuing a payment to, the exact amount when the payment should be sent, or whether to pay the bill at all. If you have a flat fee or recurring bill that you would like to have paid each month, you have the capability to set bill pay to automatically schedule the next month’s payment.

What if I have additional questions regarding bill pay?

Call the Operations Staff at the Renville Branch (320) 329-3152 or Dawson Branch (320) 769-2908.

Mobile Banking

How do I sign up for the mobile app?
Click here to visit our Online and Mobile Banking page for more information about enrolling.
How do I make a Remote Deposit Capture?

1. Log into the mobile banking app and select Mobile Deposit

2. Tap on Deposit a Check

3. Select your checking account in the “deposit to” drop down

4.Type in the amount of the check

5.Tap on Check front and take a picture of the front of the check

6.Tap on Check Back and take a picture of the back of the check

7. Confirm your deposit

8. Follow directions provided, including proper endorsement as follows:
DCCU Mobile Deposit only
ACCT #:______________
Note: Your device must have enough memory available to run the program. If it doesn’t, you may experience issues while trying to do a deposit.

VISA Card Services

What happens when my credit card is lost or stolen?

Please call us at 800-556-5678, and an associate will be happy to help you. You can also stop by any location during regular business hours.

What happens if my debit card is lost or stolen?

Please call us at 866-596-3059 (M-F, 8 AM – 7 PM) and an associate will be happy to help you.

Why won't my debit card work?

1. Your Dawson Co-op Credit Union debit card has a purchase limit of $1,000 per day per card and an ATM limit of $500 per day per card. If you wish to make purchases that exceed that amount in any given day, please contact us.

2. You may be out of town and the SHAZAM Network has deemed this transaction as potentially fraudulent. To help in preventing this issue, contact a Member Services Representative at Dawson Co-op Credit Union prior to leaving town so there can be a note applied to your account.

How do I reset my debit card PIN?

To reset your PIN, please call 800-717-4923. You must call from a phone number we have listed on your account. You will need your card number and the social security number of the primary person on your DCCU account. 

How can I get a new credit/debit card?

To get a new credit/debit card, please call DCCU-Renville at 866-529-4623 or DCCU-
Dawson at (800) 276-0025, or stop by any of our locations during regular business hours.

Can I view my Dawson Co-op Credit Union credit card statement online?

Yes, to access your Dawson Co-op Credit Union VISA Credit Card account online, visit and register.

Account Questions

What is Dawson Co-op Credit Union’s routing number?


Can I order checks online?

No, please call us at (320) 329-3152 during regular business hours

What is the difference between an Overdraft and an NSF?

An overdraft occurs when you don’t have the money in your account to pay one or more of your transactions. As a courtesy, we honor the transaction and allow your account to temporarily have a negative balance.

Non-sufficient funds (NSF) occurs when you don’t have the money in your account to pay one or more of your transactions and you have exhausted the balance of all of your elected overdraft protections (e.g. savings, overdraft protection line-of-credit). The item is not paid by Dawson Co-op Credit Union and it is returned or Debit Card transaction is declined.

What are the standard overdraft practice that come with your Share Draft account?

Whether your overdrafts will be paid is discretionary and we reserve the right not to pay.  For example, we typically do not pay overdrafts if your account is not in good standing, you are not making regular deposits, or you have too many overdrafts.  If we do not authorize and pay an overdraft, your transaction will be declined.

We offer affordable overdraft protection services for our members to help protect them from the embarrassment of returned items and costly overdraft fees. These include overdraft transfers from other accounts with an available positive balance or an overdraft protection line-of-credit advance. Contact a loan officer for more information.

  • If a Share Draft account is overdrawn, money will be transferred from a primary savings account at no charge to the member.
  • If a Line-of-Credit designed for overdraft protection is in place, funds will be transferred in increments of $100 to the share draft account if funds are available.

Roth and Traditional IRA’s

Can you move your Traditional IRA assets into another retirement plan?

Yes. If the plan allows for it, you may roll over the pretax or deductible portion of your Traditional IRA to an eligible employer-sponsored retirement plan. You also may move eligible Traditional IRA assets to a Roth IRA. Note that Traditional IRA assets cannot be moved into a SIMPLE IRA.

You can always withdraw money from your Traditional IRA, unlike most other retirement plans. Early withdrawals made before age 59 1/2 are subject to 10% penalty. The penalty tax does not apply in the following situations:

  • Payment to beneficiaries, first-time home purchase, qualified higher education expenses, unreimbursed medical expenses, substantially equal periodic payments, disability, health insurance premiums during unemployment, IRS levy, qualified reservist distributions.
Will you ever be required to withdraw money from your Traditional IRA?

Yes. Because Traditional IRAs were meant to be used during retirement, once you reach age 73, the IRS mandates that you take out a minimum amount each year. The amount that you have to take generally is calculated by dividing the previous year’s ending account balance by a distribution period based on your age and the IRS’ life expectancy tables. Note that the amount required is the minimum you must take; you can always take more each year. If you fail to remove your required minimum amount by the end of the year for which it is due, you will be subject to an IRS penalty tax.

What are the tax implications of my Traditional IRA?

You must include all pretax contributions and earnings in your taxable income when you withdraw money from your Traditional IRA. If you have made nondeductible contributions to a Traditional IRA or have rolled over nondeductible contributions from a qualified retirement plan to a Traditional IRA, a portion of each withdrawal will be treated as the nontaxable return of these contributions.

Are you eligible to contribute to a Roth IRA?

You are eligible to contribute if:

  • You (or your spouse, if filing a joint tax return) earn compensation from employment, and
  • Your earned compensation (or you and your spouse’s combined compensation if filing a joint tax return) is less than or within the applicable IRS limits.
Can you remove your Roth IRA assets into another plan?

No. Movement of Roth IRA assets to qualified retirement plans, 403(b) plans, governmental 457(b) plans, and SIMPLE IRAs is not allowed. Under certain restrictions, a Roth IRA contribution can be re-characterized as a Traditional IRA contribution.

Can you move money from one Roth IRA to another Roth IRA that you own?

Yes. A transfer or rollover between your Roth IRAs is always tax-free and can be done regardless of your income.

Can you move money from your Traditional IRA to a Roth IRA?

Yes. Moving of Traditional IRA assets into a Roth IRA is called a conversion, which generally is a taxable transaction. Any deductible (pretax) portion of your Traditional IRA that enters a Roth IRA must be included with your taxable income on your federal income tax return for the year the conversion takes place. You also need to complete and attach IRS Form 8606, Nondeductible IRAs, to your income tax return. Note that if the conversion is completed properly, you do not have to pay an early distribution penalty tax, even if you are under age 59 1/2.

Will you ever be required to withdraw money from your Roth IRA?

No. Unlike Traditional IRAs assets, you are never required to take minimum distributions from a Roth IRA upon reaching a certain age. If you don’t need the cash, you can let your money continue to grow tax-free for as long as you like. Your beneficiaries, however, must take minimum distributions following your death.

All withdrawals, including earnings, are tax-free if the account has been open at least 5 years and are used for qualified expenses.

What is the penalty for withdrawing money from your Roth IRA before satisfying the tax-free and penalty-free requirements?

Early withdrawal made before satisfying the tax and penalty free requirements are subject to 10 percent penalty unless you meet one of the IRS’ early distribution penalty tax exceptions:

  • Payments made to your beneficiaries after your death, first-time home purchase, qualified higher education expenses, unreimbursed medical expenses, substantially equal periodic payments, disability, health insurance premiums during unemployment, IRS levy, qualified reservist distribution.

Miscellaneous Questions

Who is ChexSystems?

ChexSystems is a nationwide consumer-reporting agency that collects and maintains information from financial institutions to help identify consumers who may have mishandled a checking account; for example, people whose accounts were overdrawn and then closed by them or by their financial.

What information is used?

Your social security number, driver’s license number, date of birth, and address ensures that we make complete and accurate searches to identify all information that may pertain to you.

What if your application is denied?

If the credit union closes an account or does not approve an application to open an account based on a ChexSystems report, an adverse action notice will be provided to the affected consumer. This report enables consumers to investigate and resolve issues that may be on the report. ChexSystems neither approves nor declines accounts. This decision is made at the credit union level.

Hours & Events

What are your hours?

Please visit the Our Locations page to see a full list of hours for each location

2023 Holiday Closing Schedule
  • Monday, January 2, 2023 – New Year’s Day
  • Monday, January 16, 2023 –  Martin Luther King Day
  • Monday, February 20, 2023 –  President’s Day
  • Monday, May 29, 2023 – Memorial Day
  • Monday, June 19, 2023 – Juneteenth
  • Tuesday, July 4, 2023 – Independence Day
  • Monday, September 4, 2023 – Labor Day
  • Monday, October 9, 2023 – Colombus Day
  • Thursday, November 23, 2023 – Thanksgiving Day
  • Monday, December 25, 2023 – Christmas Day

Dawson Co-op Credit Union Resources

For more tools and resources from Dawson Co-op Credit Union, feel free to visit the link below to learn how we can help you grow!